Sunday 10 July 2016

Happy Bubble Bar



I'm quite excited when I get the opportunity to buy things from the Lush Kitchen that I haven't bought before so when I saw that Happy bubble bar would be making an entrance in one of the menus, I got my purse ready. I had heard a lot of brilliant things about this product and for that week's menu, it was said that Happy was the product to get.

I had the bubble bar in my bath product box for about a few weeks when I decided that it was about time that I used it. I got my sieve, my book and my camera ready and this is what I thought.

When I use bubble bars, instead of crumbling them underneath the tap with my hand like Lush say, I pop my bubble bar in a sieve and hold it under running water; I have found that this creates way more bubbles - which is brilliant.

Whilst Happy bubble bar is crumbling in the sieve, it gives off a citrus, earthy aroma which is absolutely gorgeous. My bathroom was instantly filled with this smell and I couldn't wait to get into the bath and clean my body in its waters.

The citrus elements come from the tangerine oil and the orange flower absolute and the earthy aromas come from the sandalwood oil, neroli oil and gardenia extract adds a very subtle floral smell.




When the bubble bar was gone, I was quite disappointed with the number of bubbles. I was expecting there to be a lot more (maybe my expectations were very high after using the Karma bubble bar).

It turned the water a light-turquoise that wasn't that really that far the natural colour of water but it was different enough for me to notice that it was (almost) a 'sea-like' colour.




I was also disappointed that the smell of the bubble bar didn't last a long time. It probably lasted for about 20 minutes before it disappeared. I was just glad that it lasted on my skin for an hour after I exited the bath because that was the only vestige of the bath that I had left.

Lush state that there is golden lustre used in the bubble bar and there is  - to etch 'happy' on the top of the product - but there is not enough to make it a glittery turquoise bath or to leave any lustre on your skin.

Once I had exited the bath, I noticed that my skin felt so smooth like all of Lush's bubble bars do.

Even though I was disappointed with the longevity of the smell and the lack of bubbles, Happy bubble bar is definitely a product that I would use again because I love the colour it turns the water and I do love the smell whilst it's there.


Description on Lush:
Clap along if you fancy a joyful, bubbly bath! Sunny, uplifting neroli raises spirits sky-high and sends your mood rocketing. Complemented by uplifting orange flower absolute and radiant gold lustre, this bar's bubbles cradle all of the optimism you could possibly need.


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Tangerine Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Neroli Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Colour 42090, Golden Lustre


Price:
£3.95/each


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:






xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment