Sunday 17 July 2016

Rose Jam Bubbleroon







The last time I bought the Rose Jam bubbleroon was a year ago, I bought a truck full but I bought them a year ago; and the one that I used to write this review is my last one. Yes, they're a year old so I thought that this one would be absolutely rubbish but oh how I was wrong.

For those of you who are new Lushies and are not quite sure what a 'bubbleroon' is, it's a Lush take on the famous macaroons that have become increasingly popular lately. The Lush bubbleroon consists of the bubble bar cut in half and soft, moisturising cocoa and shea butter in the middle to stick the two halves together.

This is such a beautiful product. I normally hate the colour pink but Rose Jam is perfect and I think the decoration of the red lustre on the top of the bubbleroon is a perfect final touch for this product. Don't worry: the lustre doesn't make the bath glittery which means for those of you who don't like getting out of the bath with glitter all over their bodies, you'll be glitter free!




Lush's bubble bars are very very moisturising, especially their bubbleroons because of the butters that are jam-packed in the middle of the product. But other ingredients make this bubbleroon special and one of my favourite bubble bath products from the company.

The rose absolute and the rose oil give its floral aroma that helps you sit back, relax and let those tense muscles unwind - which is exactly what I need after work! The geranium oil also adds a rose scent to the experience and helps tone the skin and it's also used as an antiseptic. Lemon oil is also an ingredient which is used to make Rose Jam but I couldn't smell any citrus at all when I have been using this product, I could only smell the floral elements.

There are many ways that you can use a bubble bar/bubbleroon: you can crumble it underneath the tap, I've seen people just place it in the bath and let the water do its work or you can put the product in a sieve and hold it under the running tap. I use the latter method as I find this creates a lot more bubbles. I used to crumble it but it left debris at the bottom of my bath and it wasn't very nice; by using the sieve, I can make sure that I'm using every last crumb of the product to make those fluffy bubbles!





Since the bubbleroons are quite chunky, they take about five minutes to break down using the sieve. I was impressed with the number of bubbles that it made too but three was slightly less than what the Yuzu and Cocoa bubbleroon make.

The water turned a gorgeous, soft, rose-coloured pink which was a dream to bathe in. The colour didn't fade for the hour that I was in the bath either.

About ten minutes of being in the bath, I realised how soft my skin was feeling; the butters were doing its work and replenishing my dry skin. I also noticed that the floral fragrance from Rose Jam filled the bathroom and was clinging to my skin and I was intrigued to see how long the smell would last on my body after I came out of the bath.




I stepped out of the bath and towelled myself dry, admiring how soft my skin felt; I didn't even have to moisturise as my skin was fully replenished! The scent clung to my skin for about half an hour after which was quite disappointing. I wish that beautiful smelling product could linger on my skin all day! Alas, I don't have the Rose Jam perfume yet so that is still day dream for me.

This is a product that I will always have in my stash due to it being so brilliant. It's not my favourite bubbleroon or bubble bar but it comes close! And considering that it's a year old, it still creates an amazing bathing experience that I can't wait to have again!


Demo:

Description on Lush:
Pep up your spirits in a bath filled with Rose Jam: lemon, rose and geranium oil will help perk you up. while Fair Trade cocoa and shea butter leave you feeling gorgeous. You'll end up feeling as cheered as though you'd been given a bunch of flowers. Rose oil and rose absolute give a double dose of rosiness, helping to clear the mind and boost your mood.


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Perfume, Laureth 4, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Rose Absolute, Geranium Oil, Rose Oil, Lemon Oil, Coumarin, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Dazzling Red Lustre, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Colour 17200


Price:
£3.95/each


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:

xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment