Saturday 16 July 2016

Bohemian Soap



Bohemian soap wasn't one of the soaps from Lush that I immediately wanted to buy; I hadn't heard anything about the soap: no brilliant reviews, none of my friends were telling me that I just had to get this soap.

A couple of years later, I decided that my soap collection can't just be those from the Lush Kitchen, I had to buy the ones from the in-store stock too. So I picked up my purse, went to my nearest Lush store and bought the Bohemian soap.

What drew me to this particular soap is that I love citrus scents and Bohemian smells like fresh lemon, what didn't draw me to this soap was how it looked. Its creamy-white exterior is very odd looking and like the inside is bumpy; it looks kind of gross - a bumpy, slimy, germy, soap (it's not actually slimy, but it looks like it should be!)

Trying not to judge the soap on how it looked, I took it back home with me and instantly gave it a try on just my hands. If you've read my blog before and have read my soap reviews, you will know that soaps from Lush seem to leave my hands feeling very tight and not moisturised at all. For this particular reason, I can't comment on how moisturising the soaps are but I can point out if soaps make my hands feel less taut than they usually do.




In this case, Bohemian soap didn't do me any favours. It made my hands feel as tight as they normally do from Lush soaps so I wasn't really surprised there (although, I did have high expectations just because it smelled of lemon   *I know, I'm odd... Basing a whole product expectation off the smell*.

The soap didn't lather up too well either. With other Lush soaps such as Thanks Dad and Rock Star, I got such an amazing lather from them and was left with loads of bubbles and foam, but with Bohemian, I just wasn't getting anything from it   *I think I nearly gave myself a bruise when I used it in the shower from scrubbing the soap on my arm so violently to try and get a good lather*.   It's a shame because this soap smells so amazing and has loads of natural ingredients in it that make it one of Lush's simplest soaps. It's about as natural as you're going to get when it comes to a soap.

Lush state on their website that the soap has a "light citrus scent". It doesn't. Bohemian smells very strongly of the lemon oil and there's a very subtle hint of the rapeseed and coconut oil but the lemon is dominant. Obviously, I don't recommend this soap if you're not a fan of lemon scents.

The smell didn't really last a long time on my skin when I used it in the shower; it lasted for approximately 15 minutes and then it started to disappear which was sad. The second time that I used it, I didn't like how tight my arms and legs felt after using it, so I immediately applied The Olive Branch body lotion and I felt clean again.

Overall, I wasn't really impressed with this soap. The only thing that it has going for it is the smell since it doesn't lather well and the smell doesn't last a long time. Once I have finished my 100g bar, I don't think I will be buying this again. But don't forget: I can't say whether this is moisturising or not because all of Lush's soaps leave my body to feel taut   *sorry, guys :(*


Description on Lush:
One of your favourites (and ours), this is a solid soap with a light citrus scent. A simple but powerful blend of lemon oil and glycerine, with a palm-free soap base. Bohemian is gently cleansing, perfect for adding a little lift to your day. We put lemon oil in here to act as a pick-me-up, refreshing your mind and mood.


Ingredients:
Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Sorbitol, Lemon Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume


Price:
£3.25/100g
£8.10/250g
£16.25/500g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:








xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment