Monday 25 April 2016

Sunrise Soap




Upon seeing this soap in the Mother's Day range back in March and knowing that it smelt citrusy, I knew that I had to get my hands on it. For those of you who read my blog often or know me, I LOVE citrus smells.

Sunrise soap shares it's scent with the Brightside Bubble Bar so for those of you who love that product, you're definitely going to love this soap. Lush have taken the gorgeous sunshine and orange and turned it into a soap that I have used pretty much every day since purchasing.

Looking upon this soap for the first time, I loved how bright and orange it was. It looked mouth-watering. As you can see from the pictures, there is a slight lustre in the soap which makes it look even more gorgeous. What's good is that this glitter seems to be just for show, the glitter doesn't end up on your hands or body which is brilliant for those of you who don't like glitter.




If you're using this soap to wash your hands, it lathers up really nice and the smell lingers on your hands for quite a while - I would say for about nearly an hour. Your hands smell amazing and feel amazing. My hands felt so soft after I used it and this is from the murumuru butter and the silken tofu being in the ingredients.

This soap contains mandarin, bergamot and mandarin oil which is why it smells like you've just poured orange juice over your hands. It genuinely makes me want to eat it. And that's very dangerous. That's how amazing this soap smells; it makes you want to eat it. It's fresh orange juice soap. When you use it on your hands, it makes you feel so refreshed and the zesty smell is normally linked with making you feel uplifted.

However, I decided to use this soap in the shower to see if it worked as well. It didn't. At all. I guess it's because I was working with a bigger surface area but the soap didn't lather well at all, it kept slipping out of my hand, it left my body feeling very dry and the smell did not linger at all.

It was such a shame that this was the case because it works so well with your hands - which IS the proper way to use soap but since Lush claim that you can use their soap in the shower too, the way it worked for me was very disappointing and I will probably not use it in the shower again.




The one good thing I can say about using it in the shower is that it didn't reduce the size of the soap much at all. Considering that I was using this soap over my entire body, I thought that the soap would shrink is size quite a bit; but it didn't. If anything, it didn't shrink at all. I've been using this soap a lot - as I mentioned at the beginning - and even though I've nearly finished it, I know that I've got quite a long time before it completely disappears.

On the other hand - not considering my shower experience - this is probably the best soap that Lush has released. I'm probably being biased in a sense where they have made my world favourite scent perfectly, but I have used a lot of their soaps and this one just stands out for me. If they made this soap into a shower gel, I think I would bankrupt myself and try and buy every bottle available.

Once I've finished this soap, I'm definitely going to have to go on eBay and get some more because I don't think I can wait until next Mother's Day to get my hands on some more. If you hate orange, DO NOT get this soap! But if you love citrus scents like I do, then this soap is a definite must-have!


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Marigold Petal Infusion, Organic Silken Tofu, Limonene, Murmuru Butter, Coconut Blossom, Nectar Perfume, Sicilian Madarin Oil, Tangerine Oil, Bergamot Oil, Fresh Dove Orchid, Starflower Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Linalool, Colour 45350, Colour 45410, Colour 17200


Price:
£4.25/100g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:







xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment