Saturday 2 April 2016

Sympathy For The Skin Hand and Body Lotion



This was the first ever hand and body lotion that I bought from Lush. I was at university and constantly washing up and my hands would get rough from the washing up liquid. I know what you're all thinking: 'why doesn't she just wear rubber gloves when washing up?' And the answer is: because we haven't got any in the flat and it's never crossed my mind to go and get some.

I wouldn't say that this lotion worked perfectly for hands that wash up (I later came across the 'Helping Hands' hand cream that IS for when you wash up) but it did get rid of some of the dryness and the cracked skin and it did make my hands go smooth.

And that's all I used Sympathy for for quite a while but then I decided to use it on my body after I had gotten out of the shower.




The texture of this cream is so smooth - it's not too thick but it's not runny either, it's got a nice consistency - and it smells like bananas (which I absolutely love!) It's not a strong smell, but you can definitely tell that it's there. One of other ingredients is vanilla and the vanilla combined with the bananas makes a smell that I can't get enough of.

People who buy this product may have a problem with the tiny black specs that are in this lotion which is the vanilla pod infusion. Looking inside the tub, you're probably thinking that there are loads of black bits, but when you put the lotion on your skin, you hardly notice them. You only see them if you go looking for them. I used it today for my entire body and only noticed a few specs on part of my arm and on my thigh.

Before I rubbed the cream in

After I rubbed the cream in

Because the consistency of Sympathy is so good, you don't need much to cover your body. I've had this 100g tub now for about six months and I'm only half way through it - I've probably used it on my whole body for two and a half months.




Other people that have used this lotion has said that it works for their eczema as the sandalwood in the cream helps with anti-inflammatory.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this lotion and I know that next time I purchase it, I'm going to be buying the 240g instead. For those of you who are a bit weary about the black specs, get a tester pot first from your local store and try that first before you buy the full tub.

It's moisturising, conditioning, soothing, smells amazing and lasts for ages. It's everything that you could possibly wish for in a lotion that you're going to be putting over you're entire body.


Description On Lush:
We've packed this lotion with bananas, cocoa butter and vanilla to nourish and soften sore skin. Fresh, organic bananas are mashed and added to a loose emulsion of vanilla pod infusion, cocoa butter and almond oil, which helps the skin more easily absorb the vitamin and mineral-rich bananas. Sandalwood is great for dry skin as it's anti-inflammatory and cooling.


Ingredients:
Fresh Organic Fair Trade Banana, Fair Trade Vanilla Pod Infusion, Almond Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Sandalwood Oil, Lemon Oil, Labdanum Resinoid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.


Price:
£5.95/100g
£11.95/240g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:








    xoxo
    Kirsty

    No comments:

    Post a Comment