Saturday 16 April 2016

Rub Rub Rub Body Scrub






After using the tub version of the Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub, I fancied trying out the solid version. I had already used The Rough With The Smooth body scrub and thoroughly enjoyed the experience of using a solid scrub, so I thought that Rub Rub Rub would be equally as pleasing. 

The exfoliation felt okay, it wasn't as rough as I would like it to have been - I know you don't want it TOO rough but at least rough enough to get the dead skin off your body (which I don't think this was rough enough to do).

Even though I was disappointed at first with how it exfoliated, I was thrilled by the smell of this scrub. With jasmine absolute and mimosa absolute, this scrub gives off a strong, floral scent that engulfs your entire body and takes you into a world where you're surrounded by flowers. It smells very very similar to it's counterpart - the Rub Rub Rub shower scrub. 

This scrub looks gorgeous too; the dried, pink flowers contrast beautifully with the blue. The colour of the shower scrub was a darker - yet still gorgeous - blue, the lightness of this scrub goes hand in hand with the lightness of the exfoliation. 





The thickness of this scrub is the same of that of The Rough With The Smooth and like that scrub, it goes down a similar amount after the first use. Using this product - when it doesn't have much of an exfoliation - is worrying, because you don't know how long it will last. I'm hoping that I can get 10 uses out of it, otherwise I don't think that it would be worth the price. Once I've finished the scrub, I will update you guys on how many uses I got out of it.

Another thing that bothered me was the dried flowers in the scrub. They look and smell amazing but once you've used the scrub and it gets wet, the flowers come loose. I wouldn't say it's a major negative, but it's certainly something that's going to be a pain once the scrub wears down even more.

With cupucu butter mixed in with illipe butter, you would think that this scrub would be very moisturising and you would get out of the shower and your skin would feel nourished. This wasn't the case. Sure, it felt slightly smoother but when I use this again, I will have to moisturise when I come out of the shower because it left my skin feeling a bit dry (not very dry, but enough for me to notice).







Even though the smell was very strong whilst using this scrub, about half an hour later, the smell had disappeared from my body. There was little vestige of the scrub left.

It says in the description on the Lush website that for a deeper cleanse, use before you go in the shower. I do not recommend this. I tried it on my arm and it was so painful that I had to stop before I had even finished. So I just used it whilst I was in the shower instead.

Overall, I would say that this scrub is good for someone that is looking for a light exfoliation, but if you're looking for a deep cleanse, either use the shower scrub version of this product or The Rough With the Smooth. It smells amazing, but the smell doesn't last and it wears down quite a bit after the first use. I think that I would buy this again just because of the smell of this solid scrub, but other than that, this product was slightly disappointing.


Description On Lush:
Rub-a-dub-dub, fancy a scrub? This polishing bar does not come in a tub. For lovers of exquisitely scented and magnificently exfoliated skin, this bar is perfect to take on your travels. Get straight onto wet skin to rub yourself up the right way with sea salt, illipe butter and a cherry blossom flourish. For a deeper cleanse, scrub this solid exfoliator over the body before you shower, and then rinse off.


Ingredients:
Fine Sea Salt, Organic Illipe Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cupucu Butter, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cream of Tartar, Lauryl Betaine, Jasmine Absolute, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Mimosa Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute, Lilial, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 42090, Colour 4510


Price:
£5.95/each


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:








xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment