Saturday 23 April 2016

Avoshower Shower Gel



With so much hype surrounding the Avoshower Shower Gel, I would have been crazy if I didn't purchase it in the Lush Kitchen when it came out online. As soon as Tuesday 29th March at 07:55 came around, I was straight on the Lush website to secure my precious bottles.

As soon as I clicked the final button to complete the checkout process, my heart cried with joy and I couldn't wait until my precious parcel arrived.

Once it did, I used it as an excuse to have a shower (even though I had one about three hours prior to the parcel arriving). I wanted to use it as soon as possible.

If you've ever tried the Avobath Ballistic, then you will love this shower gel. It pretty much smells exactly the same - maybe not as strong as the ballistic, but you can definitely tell that it derives from the same product.

Seeing the colour through the bottle does not do the colour of this shower gel justice. It's a beautiful shade of green that is a light emerald/lime colour - which probably doesn't make any sense, but when you see it for yourself, you will know what I mean. The shower gel also has a slight shine to it due to the glitter throughout the shower gel. This glitter does not stay on your skin; it washes off straight away but the lustre makes the Avoshower colour look amazing.

With a mix of organic avocado oil and fine sea salt, the shower gel proves to be quite moisturising, maybe not as moisturising as I would have liked but it still did a good job considering it's a shower gel.




It smells amazing too! Lemongrass, bergamot and rosewood create the alluring smell that is Avoshower. It's one of those natural smells, one of those where you would be walking through the countryside somewhere and smell it. It reminds me of a freshly mown field for some reason. I have no idea why this smell springs to mind as Lemongrass oil has a sweet, lemon scent as is bergamot oil.  Bergamot oil is said to have a fresh, sweet and fruit smell. Maybe my mind thinks of cut grass because of the rosewood oil? Rosewood oil is gotten from chipped rosewood - rosewood being a richly-hued timber - so the nature smell definitely derives from that ingredient.

For me, the rosewood oil outweighs the citrusy smells. There is still a very slight vestige of citrus that I noticed on my second and third use of the shower gel but like I said, it was very slight.

I can definitely understand the hype that surrounds this product. It smells amazing, it looks amazing and the smell lingers on your skin for a short amount of time after exiting the shower - about 15 minutes. I definitely recommend this shower gel, I just wish that I had bought more than one bottle when it came out in the Lush Kitchen. Looks like I will just have to sit and wait for it to get re-released or keep looking on eBay!



Description On lush:
Showers don't mean a thing if they ain't got that zing. Fresh lemongrass, uplifting bergamot and rich avocado oils are sure to make you tingle in all the right ways.


Ingredients:
Lemongrass Infusion, Water (Aqua), Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fine Sea Salt, Glyceryl Staerat - PEG 100, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Cetearate, Propylene Glycol, Lauryl Betaine, Organic Avocado Oil, Bergamot Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Rosewood Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Green Glitter, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Price:
£11.25/250g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:






xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment