Thursday 21 April 2016

Blackberry Bath Bomb



Considering that the Blackberry Bath Bomb was one of the first bath bombs to ever be released by Lush, I only bought it two months ago. Yes I know, I'm a bit behind on the times. But I got there in the end. The only reason that I didn't jump at the chance to buy this particular bath bomb is because it is so ordinary looking. With it being plain purple with 'bomb' carved onto the top, I didn't think that this would be anything fascinating. I wasn't expecting much at all.

How I was completely wrong. If you're expecting Blackberry to actually smell like blackberries, then you're going to be disappointed. There are no blackberries in the bath bomb at all. Instead, you get the  sweet and fruit smell of the frankincense oil mixed in with the slightly citrusy smell of the bergamot oil.

Bergamot oils' citrusy smell is said to make you feel uplifting and also possesses the essentials to help clear the skin, thus being antibacterial. Frankincense oil is antiseptic and also helps smoothes the skin.

This bath bomb does exactly what it says on the tin. The smell is calming and relaxing (and also smells amazing) and the waters moisturise and nourish your skin, so when you step out the bath, the skin feels slightly smoother. I do recommend still putting moisturiser on your skin afterwards though - it's not THAT moisturising, unlike the Dragons Egg bath bomb. On the other hand, with only nine ingredients in the Blackberry Bath Bomb, you can't really complain that it doesn't moisturise brilliantly.

Upon dropping Blackberry into your bath, it starts fizzing straight away and starts to turn the water a lilac colour. After fizzing for about a minute and a half, your water turns a deeper purple which is lovely and soothing. I found that the colour stays with you for the entirety go your bath (I stay in the bath for about an hour and a half).




However, what disappointed me was that the smell of the frankincense and bergamot oil didn't linger on my skin for long. It lingered in the bathroom for about an hour but after around 20 minutes, the smell had disappeared on my skin.

Overall, this bath bomb was a very good purchase and I will definitely be buying more in the future. In fact, I've got a few on the way as I type this. Even though the scent doesn't stick around for long on your body, the colour of the bath was amazing and the smell whilst I was in the bath was divine.


DEMO:




Description On Lush:
As soon as you drop this into your bath, tension is banished as the bergamot and frankincense oils are released. Bergamot is used in aromatherapy for anxiety, depression and nervous tension, and is both relaxing and uplifting as well as antibacterial. You'll soon feel calmed as frankincense oil helps slow down breathing and induces a feeling of wellbeing.


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Frankincense Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Lilial, Colour 42053, Colour 17200


Price:
£3.35/each


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:







xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment