Monday 11 April 2016

Salted Coconut Hand Scrub




I've always been guilty of not looking after my entire body. I look after my hair and moisturise when I come out of the shower but my hands and my feet? No. It sounds silly, but I completely forget that they need looking after too - especially since they're the two parts of my body that I use the most and therefore probably suffer the most damage.

I started with my hands.

Seeing that Lush had a hand scrub seemed like fate to me. And it was even better that it smelt absolutely gorgeous.

With fine sea salt, you know that your hands are going to get a good scrub and with ingredients such as cupuacu butter and extra virgin coconut oil,  you also know that you're hands are going to be moisturised and softened in the luxury process.

Cupucu butter is a tropical tree from the Amazon rainforest and is sometimes used to make white chocolate. The properties of this butter include oleic acid which possesses skin-conditioning properties. It also moisturises and protects the skin and hair.

Coconut Oil is a well-known ingredient for softening the hair and skin. Coconuts contains rich minerals and vitamins and these help smooth dry skin.






The consistency of the hand scrub is quite thick and I was very surprised at how much salt was in it - surprised in a good way. The thick and rough consistency means that you can give your hands a very good scrub to get rid of all of the dead skin that has accumulated throughout the day.

With the Salted Coconut Hand Scrub, you can either apply it on wet or dry skin and it would do an amazing job. However, I only apply it on to dry skin when my hands are very very dry and you can feel the roughness my palms. I found that if you apply it when your hands feel 'normal', it can sometimes feel sore on your knuckles from the scrubbing, so I recommend to use this product on wet hands.




After you've scrubbed away all of the dead skin, you can either apply hand cream afterwards or not. the coconut oil in this product gives your hands nourishment but again, if your hands are especially dry, I recommend putting hand cream on afterwards. I suggest 'Helping Hands Hand Cream' for this.

I wouldn't exactly say that this is a negative, but after you've done your scrubbing, the salt can get underneath your fingernails and after washing your hands and it's a pain to scrape it out. Whether this is a pain to everyone or just me, I don't know.




However, this is probably one of my favourite products from Lush. I use this once/twice a day (depending on how rough my hands are). I usually use it after I come out of the shower or bath - I have a whole after-shower/bath-routine and I will definitely be buying more of this when I finish my tub.


Description On Lush:
Superbly soft skin and scrubbing of hand in hand. This creamy coconut and salt exfoliator is the perfect way to keep your paws in tiptop condition. Apply a generous dollop to wet hands and scrub all over or use when your hands are dry for a rougher cleanse. Sea salt is a wonderful natural exfoliant, packed full of restorative minerals to cleanse and treat the skin, whilst coconut oil deeply hydrates without making your hands sticky. Those who love the sweet smell of the outdoors will love to get stuck into this scrub - fragranced with the smell of sweet gorse.


Ingredients:
Fine Sea Salt, Glycerine, Fresh Lemon Infusion, Organic Silken Tofu, Japan Wax, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Argan Oil, Cupucua Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Perfume, Neroli Oil, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool


Price:
£7.95/130g
£13.95/300g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:







xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment