Friday 1 April 2016

Oil On Troubled Water Bath Oil




I bought this gorgeous looking bath oil when I went to Lush Oxford Street back in October; it was obviously an Oxford Street exclusive as I hadn't seen it in any of the stores in my area - I had also never tried a bath oil before and I was intrigued.

I didn't really know what to expect when I put this little ball in my bath. I didn't know whether to expect the water to turn blue, to expect glitter or to expect nothing.




After putting the bath oil into the water, the slow release of the oils into the bath meant that I had to wait about 15 minutes until the bath oil had completely dissolved in the water and I was left with very slightly cloudy water but a smell that was divine.

I can't really pinpoint what the the oil smells of but this is the best I can do: it smells like a forest in the spring. You know that time of year when you can smell the flowers blooming and the sap in the trees? It smells like that. It smells like nature and the earth finally ready to make the spring plants grow again. That's what it smells like. A forest blooming in the spring.

Within the ingredients of this bath oil is peppermint oil and mint but personally, I couldn't smell any mint whilst I was using this product.




The colours of the bath oil are gorgeous as well. Whilst the bath oil was melting, it was creating pink and blue trails of oil behind it. For a moment, some of the oils gathered round the edge of the bath but upon splashing the side to see if it was sticking, I breathed a sigh of relief. The colour wasn't staining the bath. I didn't really want a ring of blue and pink all around my bathtub.

My skin felt so moisturised. I was feeling my legs in the bath because I was amazed at how soft they felt after only being in there for 20 minutes. This bath oil is packed full of shea and cocoa butter and coconut oil, all ingredients which are good for packing the moisture into your skin and nourishing it.

After bathing with this amazing bath oil for about an hour, I realised that the scent had stayed with me the entire time. Sometimes, bath bombs/bubble bars/bath oils' smells disappear after a certain amount of time but with Oil On Troubled Water, the smell stays in the bathroom for a long period of time and also stays on your skin for a good four hours.




The only problem that I would have with this bath oil is that it's glittery. Not over-the-top glittery, but enough that once I was getting ready for bed, I noticed a shimmer all over my body. I'm not a huge fan of glitter all over my body - as you can probably tell.

Overall, this was a very enjoyable bath oil and one that I was definitely purchase again when it comes back in stock and at the price of only £2, no one can complain about it not being affordable. So when it comes back in Oxford Street, or if it becomes available across all stores, I recommend you go out and you buy a few of these. Not only can you maybe use more than one in the bath to have an extra moisturising experience, you can stock up so you have plenty for the future.


DEMO:



Description On Lush:
Calm the storm as you unwind amongst the clouds of mint and oakwood, you can almost smell the weather turning.


Ingredients:
Organic Shea Bitter, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides & PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Laureth 4, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Oakwood Absolute, Bay Oil, Beeswax Absolute, English Peppermint Oil, Mint Absolute, Roman Chamomile Oil, Titanium Dioxide, DRF Alcohol, Frosty Holly Lustre, Blue Lustre, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionene, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 42053.


Price:
£2.00/each


Vegan:
No


Rating:

xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment