Thursday 31 March 2016

Slammer Shower Gel



After seeing a whole bunch of new shower gels on the Kitchen Exclusive page, I knew that I had to get them. I'm constantly looking for new shower gels in Lush - my new obsession maybe?

When I saw Slammer and read that it was a citrusy gel, I immediately added it to my basket. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love citrus smells.

Unfortunately, they only sold it in the 250g and not the 100g. You may be thinking: 'well wouldn't she want the bigger bottle?' Yes, you're right, but all of my other shower gels are 100g and it looks weird on my shelf now with three bottles of shower gel bigger than the rest... But oh well...




I was so eager to use Slammer that I used it the day it arrived in the post and it was an absolutely gorgeous shower experience.

The smell of the gel filled the bathroom whilst I was using it, but the smell didn't linger on my skin for as long as I wanted it to. After about half an hour, the smell of lemon and lime had disappeared.

Slammer is a lovely, orange colour that makes you feel so warm and comforted, like you're washing yourself in the sun.

The shower gel is quite thick as well, it's not runny at all - which I was very happy about as runny shower gels/creams just don't look appealing. But the thickness of this gel looked so smooth and there's also a very very slight hint of glitter to it. I don't think there's actual glitter pieces in it but from the angle I was looking at, there seemed to be a slight shimmer. Trick of the light maybe?




However, the only (slightly) bad thing that I would say about this shower gel is that I had to use a bit more of the product than usual to get a lot of lather. I know that I have the 250g bottle but I still don't want to be using more than I should be.

Overall, I would definitely buy this product again. Even though I have to use a bit more of the shower gel to get the lather I want and the longevity of the smell was disappointing, I would say that it is worth it because it smells divine.




gETTING mY LUSH KITCHEN EXCLUSIVES:




Description On Lush:
Wake on up before you go go! This invigorating citrus and honey mix is sure to put the boom boom into your heart and fuel and early start. Softening honey blends with local sea water from Studland Bay, Poole, to gently cleanse sleepy skin. Want a fast-track to feeling chipper first thing? Let this awakening blast of fresh lime juice and lemon oil leave you feeling brighter than Doris Day.


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Fresh Lime Peel Decoction, Fresh Sea Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Fresh Lime Juice, Clear Honey, Propylene Glycol, Lime Oil, Litsea Cubebe Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfime, Colour 14700, Methylparaben


Price:
£11.25/250g


Vegan:
No


Rating:


xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment