Tuesday 22 March 2016

My Lush Journey

Lush Oxford Street

I'm probably one of the more recent people to fall in love with Lush, to set up a blog about the products and to Instagram or Snapchat the wondrous colours and scents that fill my bath or shower and cover my body.

Upon first hearing about Lush way back when, I didn't think anything of it. Overtime I walked past the store in my local shopping centre, the smell would over power me and I would think that if I stepped into that shop, my nose would simply burn from all of the smells. I can honestly say that the only thing that I admired about Lush at that moment in time was that it was against animal testing and  that all of their products were organic.

What a fool I was eh?

I blame my best friend, Layla for all of this really. It must have been about a year ago? Or a year and a half ago? I remember Layla taking me into Lush and saying "just look at all these products and tell me they're not amazing."


Just some of the bath bombs at the Oxford Street store

Looking around, I saw so many bath bombs, bubble bars, soaps and the famous black tubs. I didn't know where to start, so I just had a quick look around and I was impressed with how amazing the products looked. I didn't buy anything.

The first ever Lush product that I bought - if I remember correctly - was the Sex Bomb bath bomb last June. I used it the moment I got home and boy, was I impressed. I took pictures and put them on Instagram to express my awe. And that guys, was when my obsession began.


Picture of the Sex Bomb bath bomb off my Instagram page

From then on, I was buying any bath bomb or bubble bar I could get my hands on (without breaking the bank, even though it was very tempting). And that's all I would buy at first, the bath products.

I then moved on to try and find the right face mask. So I bought Love Lettuce, Cupcake, Don't Look At Me and Rosy Cheeks and over a long period of time, I found that Cupcake worked best for my complexion.


Cupcake face mask. Picture taken off my Instagram page

Wanting to try a bigger range of Lush products, I went on to buy shower gels/creams then hand and body lotions, scrubs...everything.

Now, I'm ordering massive orders online, buying in the bulk in the shops and refreshing the Kitchen page every second to see if I can get the exclusive items. Obsessed much?

But if there was a company to become obsessed with, it's Lush. Let me repeat: they're against animal testing, most of their products are vegan, they use natural ingredients and they smell AMAZING. Sure, some of the products are better than others, some of the products aren't cheap; but wouldn't you rather spend money on a product that hasn't been tested on animals and is organic, rather than a company that DOES test on animals?

I know what I would rather do.

This shop is amazing. I'm relatively new to this but I can still appreciate and love this company. I'm slowly building up my collection and my knowledge about each of the products and this is what this blog is for.

After having the blog for two months, I had 14,000 views, after three months of blogging, I had 31,000 and as time went on, the page views grew, grew and grew. I was pretty proud of that and I can't wait  to share my experience and my knowledge with you and to try and help you decide which products are for you and I definitely have fun doing it...


xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment