Saturday 26 March 2016

Ultrabland Facial Cleanser



I bought this when I went on one of my Lush hauls with my best friend. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I just wanted to look around. A sales assistant approached my friend and I and told us about Ultrabland facial cleanser. She told us that she puts Ultrabland all over her face (over the top of her make up), leaves it on for about 30 seconds and then sprays a toner over the top and wipes it off using a cotton pad.

I was listening so intently. At first, I thought 'that's a lot of products on your face at the same time'. She then proceeded to demonstrate with some lipstick on my friends hand and the lipstick just came off; there was a still a hint of lipstick on her hand but most of it had gone. I was amazing.

So there and then, I bought my Ultrabland facial cleanser and my Tea Tree toner water.




On the night, I went to try out this particular regime. So applied the products over my make up and wiped them off using cotton pads. It worked so well! The only problem I had was that I had to use a lot of the facial cleanser and a lot of the toner and because I can't afford to go on Lush hauls everyday, I have to be very very careful with the amount of money I spend. I just couldn't afford to use that amount of the two products every night.

But it did work well... It is harder to get lipstick off because it stains very slightly and mascara, well... It didn't work for that so much.

So I decided not to take my make up off like that.

The next night, I took my make up off like I normally do: with my make up wipes. Obviously, after you've taken make up off using wipes, your face feels tight and dry. After I had done that, I put the Ultrabland over my face, left it on for about a minute and then sprayed the Tea Tree toner water over the top and then wipes the cleanser off with cotton pads. 

I felt like this worked so much better. My face still felt moisturised and by still using the toner water, I had still gotten rid of any left over make up or dirt on my face. 




The amount shown on my finger in the picture above covered my forehead and part of one of my cheeks (this is for my own regime when I used the make up wipes first). It may sound like you need to use a lot but you don't. I've been using it every night for two weeks and it's hardly made a dent in the tub, so this will last a very long time. 

Ultrabland smells magnificent. It reminds of the smell of vanilla for some reason, I don't know why because it has no vanilla in the ingredients. But the sweet scent of honey mixed in with the beeswax melts into your skin, making it feel soft and moisturised.

Beeswax contains vitamin A and provides long-term moisturising by locking moisture into the skin. This is probably not the best thing to use if you already have oily skin, so I would recommend this for people who have quite dry or normal skin.




The picture above shows my face when I have just put Ultrabland on my face. If you're thinking that my face looks really greasy and shiny, look at my Tea Tree toner blog post and you will see what my face looks like after I wiped the cleanser off with my toner.

After I've wiped the cream off, the smell of the honey and beeswax lingers on your skin until the next morning and your skin stays hydrated until the next night.

This product is amazing and one of my favourite Lush products.


Description On Lush:
Based on an ancient Greek formula for cold cream, Ultrabland is beautifully simple and very effective. Made with almond oil, rose water, beeswax and honey, this cleanser removes all traces of dirt and makeup, without stripping away your skin's natural defences. Smooth over the face, any dirty will cling to the cream and you can remove it with a warm damp cloth or cotton wool.


Ingredients:
Almond Oil, Rose Water, Beeswax, Honey, Fresh Iris Extract, Glycerine, Rose Absolute, Tincture of Benzoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Price:
£7.95/45g
£12.95/100g


Vegan:
No


Rating:

xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment