Wednesday 23 March 2016

Ocean Salt Alcohol Free Face and Body Scrub







I'd been hearing all about face scrubs throughout the blogosphere and many people were saying how amazing they were at clearing your face of dead skin and making your face feel refreshed and smooth afterwards. I thought "hey, why not give them a go?"

Obviously, I went to Lush online to get mine.

After looking at all of the face scrubs that they had to offer, I found this one. Now, there are four different types of this face and body scrub. There is the 'Ocean Salt Self-Preserving & Alcohol Free', 'Ocean Salt Self-Preserving', 'Ocean Salt Alcohol Free', and 'Ocean Salt'.

I bought the 'Ocean Salt Alcohol Free'. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted hints of alcohol on my face but maybe that's me just being slightly closed minded (I may have to give it a try after I've finished this pot and I have no idea why I didn't get the alcohol free and self preserving one, sometimes my brain just doesn't work properly!) 




I don't use this on my body, only on my face.

I've been using this product now for five days and I can already feel the difference on my face; it's so much more smoother. I use this product every night before I go to bed just to get rid of the dead skin that has built up over the course of the day and I'm left fresh-faced. I then moisturise and toner afterwards to get rid of any excess that I didn't wash off.





The mixture is very salty and you have to get rid of the top layer of salt before you get to the proper mixture of the salt and cream. However, after you've used it about ten times, the mixture isn't as salty and I found that there wasn't the right ratio of salt to cream. There was way more cream than salt, so my face didn't feel like it was getting properly exfoliated.

Word of warning, the face scrub does not stay on your fingers. So don't try to just scrub your face using a few fingers so it doesn't get everywhere. No. It gets all over your hand and a bit of mine kept falling off my hand into the sink. 

The amount shown on my fingers above is roughly the amount that I use for my face so as you can see, you don't need that much to do the job properly.

Ocean Salt Alcohol Free smells amazing. It's not too overpowering or non-existent. It's sits somewhere in the middle and the description on the Lush website does the smell justice. You can smell the ocean mixed with a slight hint of citrus; it's smells relaxing and makes me want to go to the beach. Yes, it smells that good!

I thought I would take some amazing and obviously attractive pictures for you guys to see what it looks like when it's applied. I normally leave it on for about a one or two minutes to let it sink it and work it's magic and then I wash it off.






As you can see from the pictures, the amount that I had on my fingers covers the entirety of my face with no problem. 

I think the one problem that I have with this product is that there may not be enough salt in it to actually exfoliate with. I completely understand that you need a lot of cream in it as well so you're not  just scrubbing your face raw with just salt, but maybe a bit more would be nice.

Oh! And another word of warning: it WILL get in your mouth somehow and you WILL taste the salt, even when your washing the face scrub off, it gets in your mouth so enjoy the lovely taste of pure saltiness *sarcasm*.




I took this picture pretty much straight after washing my face. I felt so refreshed and my skin felt very very soft. I've heard that this face scrub can also reduce redness so I'm hoping that this will reduce the redness on my face as well. Fingers crossed eh?

Overall, I am really happy with this product, but I may have to use it morning and night because I didn't buy the self-preserving one *groans*. Stupid me...


Description On Lush:
Lime, grapefruit and lashings of salt go into this invigorating scrub. The salty, citrus fragrance is refreshing on the skin and mind, like diving into the cool blue ocean. Sea salt is rich in minerals and excellent for scrubbing away any dead skin. We also added rich, silky avocado butter, coconut oil and seaweed absolute to keep your skin soft, smooth and conditioned.


Ingredients:
Fine Sea Salt, Fresh Grapefruit Infusion, Hand Harvested Sea Salt, Stearic Acid, Fresh Organic Lime Juice Extracted in Glycerine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Trienthanolamine, Lime Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Seaweed Absolute, Avocado Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Price:
£7.25/120g
£13.25/250g


Vegan:
No



Rating:


xoxo
Kirsty

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    best face and body scrub

    ReplyDelete