Tuesday 29 March 2016

Cinders Bath Bomb



Image taken from: lushuponatime.com

This was the very first Christmas themed bath bomb that I had ever bought. I'm not really huge fan of cinnamon but upon smelling this, the cinnamon didn't seem to be too overwhelming. It's quite a small bath bomb as well - at £2.95, you wouldn't expect it to be much bigger - so I wasn't expecting much.

Upon putting the bath bomb in the water, Cinders dropped to the bottom of the bath and fizzled out slowly. I was disappointed that it had dropped to the bottom, I was expecting it to fizz on top of the water, like every other bath bomb that I had used did. Alas, this wasn't the case with Cinders and I watched as it turned the water a very murky, unlikeable yellow.




There were no sparkles, no surprising colours; just a dull, boring, unsightly yellow colour and even then the yellow drastically and had almost completely disappeared once I had gotten out of the bath. So I was left to bathe - towards the end - in a yellowy-clear bath.

It did smell very nice. As I said before, I am not a massive fan of cinnamon but this wasn't too strong. This bath bomb contains cinnamon leaf, almond oil and sweet orange which does actually give off the scent of Christmas it kind of reminds me of the Pumpkin Spice Latte that Starbucks do at Christmas time. However, the smell did not last long. I had barely been in the bath for 20 minutes and the smell had disappeared completely and there was no trace of it on my body once I had gotten out of the bath.

Normally, I stay in the bath for about an hour and a half - I watch a couple of episodes of TV and then get out - but with Cinders, I stayed in the bath for 45 minutes. It just wasn't an enjoyable experience for me. I wasn't sitting in the bath thinking  "ooh, that was nice" and I certainly didn't leave the bathroom upon getting out thinking the bathroom smelt nice - because it didn't smell of anything. At all.


Image taken from: www.kayleighkmua.com


All of this negativity though could be due to the fact that I used this bath bomb once I had stored it in my bedroom for a couple of months. Even so, I don't expect the bath bombs performance to deteriorate that quickly.

Overall, this wasn't a brilliant bath bomb. It smells nice, but the smell doesn't last for long, it turns the water a gross yellow and even that disappears.

However, I don't know if this is due to the bath bomb not being used straight away so yes, I would buy it again if it comes out this Christmas and I will use it pretty much straight away to see if there is any difference in the performance. If there isn't, then this bath bomb isn't really worth selling.


Description On Lush:
This is a bath bomb to evoke the feeling of sitting by a crackling fireside, drinking a glass of warm fruit punch. Cinders is designed to bring comfort at Christmas. Lie back, letting the water support your body, and listen to the fire as the smell of fruit punch fills the room.


Price:
£2.95/each


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:








xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment