Monday 21 March 2016

Butterball Bath Bomb




I didn't know what to expect when I first purchased the Butterball bath bomb. I had heard very good reviews online and in-store but then there were a few people who disagreed and said they didn't like it.

Butterball is one of popular choices from Lush and has an average of 4.4 rating online with people saying that it's their "go-to bath bomb". After using it, I can see why.

It is one of the more natural bath bombs. With only six ingredients, there is no glitter or colour; only natural goodness. But even though there is only a minimal amount of ingredients in there, you're certainly not missing out on anything. Butterball still gives you a good a bath as any and probably ranks up at the top with Dragons Egg or Frozen.

When you first put the bath bomb into the water, it fizzes quickly and you can see the cocoa butter pieces floating out into the water. The bits were slightly off-putting because it made the bath look a bit dirty but after a while - probably about half an hour - the bits dissolved into the water, leaving behind it, water that moisturises your skin.






Once I had gotten into the bath, I could feel the pieces of cocoa butter soothe my skin and soften it. I think it's what my body had been needing as sometimes I forget to moisturise when I come out of the shower and it leaves my skin feeling dry.

You can smell the cocoa butter and the ylang ylang oil but it's not too strong or overpowering which is a bonus. Ylang Ylang Oil is used to calm nerves and is commonly used as a medicinal property for antidepressants. However, I did find that the smell didn't last long. Normally with other Lush bath products, the smell lingers way after I've gotten out of the bath. But Butterball seemed to last about 20 minutes and then it was gone. 

Another positive is that due to the fact that there was no added colouring, this bath bomb didn't leave a stain in the bath. 





The only thing that I would say is don't be put off by the bits floating in the water. They do dissolve so they're not there for the entirety of your bath time and the bits of cocoa butter are moisturising your skin. 


description on lush:
If you have dry, sensitive or irritated skin, this is the bath bomb to replenish it. Once the cocoa butter pieces have melted, your skin will be coated by a light buttery film that smells good enough to eat. Ylang ylang is used in aromatherapy to treat stress and depression, as well as relaxing the nervous system, and relieves anger, panic and fear.

ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fair Trade Colombian Cocoa Butter, Synthetic Musk, Ylang Ylang oil and Perfume

price:
£2.75/each

vegan:
Yes

Rating:


xoxo
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment