Friday 1 July 2016

Sunkissed Lip Tint



I'm quite stubborn when it comes to trying out new makeup. If something works for me, I will stick with that product and won't try anything else. I know that Rimmel London and Maybelline New York lipsticks work really well for me, but when I found out that they tested on animals, I wanted to stop using their make-up and convert everything to Lush.

With this in mind, I decided to give Lush's lip tints a try first, before trying out their lipstick which is quite expensive. Sunkissed looked like a pink/brown online and also when I tried it out on my hand and this is the colour that I wear the most, so I decided to buy this one first - just to be safe.




For £5.95 per lip tint, it may sound like it's expensive but I have been using this lip tint for about a month and it looks like it's hardly gone down, so I'd say that it will last you a very long time.

From my experience with lipsticks in the past, they can look different depending on whether you put concealer underneath them or not. So I decided to test out three different ways. The first being with concealer underneath Sunkissed, the second being without any concealer underneath and the third being me not wearing any makeup at all on my face apart from the lip tint.



With concealer underneath


I first tried out wearing concealer underneath Sunkissed. I noticed that the lip tint's application was very smooth but wait...! It seemed to look slightly more pink on my lips than I wanted it to. I thought it would be a more browny/pink colour but the main shade seemed to be pink. I was slightly let down but it still looked nice. Having concealer underneath lipstick gives your lips a more matte effect and this worked in the same way with Sunkissed. It did last quite a long time swell - about four hours - so I was very impressed with the duration of the product. Again, the only thing I was let down by the that the colour looked different on my lips than I did online.


Without concealer underneath


The next day, I tried it without any concealer underneath. The application seemed to be a lot smoother and the colour seemed to be slightly more pinkish (due to my natural lip colour being underneath and not white) and it was way shinier. I also found that Sunkissed was a lot more moisturising when I wasn't wearing the concealer. The lip tint didn't last as long during the day, probably about a couple of hours. Even though I felt like this didn't suit me as much as it did when I was wearing concealer underneath, I do love how moisturising it was.


Without any make-up on

Last of all, I tried it without any make-up on at all and my first reaction was 'ew'. Not to my face, but to the fact that the lip tint made me lips look like they were sore around the edge of my lips. Not a look that I want to be going for if I'm honest with you. The pink against my natural skin tone looked horrible and I can safely say that I will never be doing that again.

Those three times that I was wearing Sunkissed, I noticed that at the same time as giving my lips a bit of colour, they also moisturised them really well. When I saw almond oil, cocoa butter and beeswax as the first three ingredients on the website, I was feeling a bit dubious about whether the lip tint would actually be moisturising; but it really was.

I also noticed the smell of lip tint during the day. It smelled very sweet - not Snow Fairy sweet - but like sweet banana? It smelled very fresh and sweet and very very nice. I also got a hint of a bubblegum smell but nothing in the ingredients list indicates to there being anything that would give off that aroma.

Overall, I absolutely loved this lip tint. I was slightly disappointed with the colour, as I was expecting it to be more brown than pink but I still adore the colour. The application is smooth, the lip tint itself is moisturising and makes me lips look pink and sparkly! This is definitely one of the items that I keep in my bag and I can't wait to try out Lush's other coloured lip tints!


Description on Lush:
Take your mouth to the tropics with this shimmering lip tint, packed with exotic ingredients to ensure your lips stay holiday-ready at all times. Fresh banana and oatmeal soothe. Lashing of sweet almond oil provide the perfect base for a soft, petal-pink shimmer. Like the perfect cup of lavender herbal tea for the lips, ultimate relaxation to top off that holiday vibe.


Ingredients:
Almond Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Beeswax, Organic Castor Oil, Argan Oil, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Sunflower Wax, Glycerine, Flavour, Cetearyl Alcohol, Fresh Banana, Fine Ground Oatmeal, Cardamom Oil, French Lavender Oil, Neroli Oil, Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), Colour 73360, Colour 45410, Colour 77491, Colour 77947


Price:
£5.95/4g


Vegan:
No


Rating:







xoxo
Kirsty

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I'm loving your blog! This looks a beautiful pearly nude and I love the sound of the texture and scent :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog looks amazing too!
      It is a beautiful colour isn't it? The scent is amazing, it's not too overpowering either which is good!

      Kirsty
      x

      Delete