Wednesday 27 April 2016

Refresher Shower Jelly




This was the first ever shower jelly I bought and I didn't really know what to expect from it; from shower jellies in general. I had heard both positive and negative reviews on them so I thought that it was about time that I see for myself what they were like and give my own opinion.

Upon opening the Refresher shower jelly, the aroma of citrus hit me like a ton of bricks; it was a very strong smell and it smelt divine. You can smell the lemon infusion straight away and lemon oil straight away. It smelt... Clean... Crisp... Summery... Like something that I would love to eat.

The rosewood oil in this product also adds to the citrusy smell. Rosewood oil is gotten from rosewood timber and is distilled so that we can have it's wondrous citrusy smell.





Me being a complete newbie to the shower jellies, I took the entirety of the 240g out of the tub and proceeded to wash my body. I failed. Completely. The jelly kept slipping out of my hand and on to the shower floor, knocking my shampoo and conditioner over in the process. Wonderful. I tried this for another five minutes and in those five minutes, I had only managed to clean an arms - yes, I cleaned one arm in five minutes due to me keep dropping it.

I was getting very very frustrated and in that midst of frustration, I tore the top off the jelly so it was a small chunk. I noticed that whilst I was messing around with the smaller jelly, it was lathering up very nicely in my hand - which the 240g did not do. At all, there was pretty much no lather.

Noticing this, I decided to use this smaller chunk to wash my body. I still dropped it a couple of times but no where near the amount that I was at the beginning of this exhausting journey. I got a good grip on the smaller version and managed to clean my entire body in a few minutes. The smell filled the bathroom and I was in citrusy heaven. After I had washed the jelly off, I kept sniffing my arm (weird, I know) and the scent of the jelly had clung onto my skin.




Even after I had stepped out of the shower, I could still smell Refresher on my body and the smell had disappeared after about half an hour but had still clung to my hands for another hour after that. This gave the idea to maybe try out the shower jelly as a soap as well.

The next day, I used Refresher as a soap - just for my hands and again, in a small chunk - and it worked really well, providing my hands cleanliness and it meant that they smelt amazing for a good hour and a half.

Now that I know that smaller chunks work better in actually washing my body with, I will be cutting up all of my shower jellies into small chunks for future use for when I'm in the shower. However, I do think that I like shower gels better as my whole body feels cleaner after using the gels. After I had stepped out the shower, I had the feeling of that the jelly hadn't cleaned my body as well as a shower gel would have. So if Lush made a Refresher shower gel, that would be a dream.

I do love the idea of shower jellies: a bit of wobbly fun whilst you're in the shower, they're incredibly annoying if you don't cut them up into small chunks, so don't bother even trying to wash yourself with the whole thing because it won't work. I'm just trying to save you the frustration and time: so cut the jelly up before you use it.

I will definitely be buying this shower jelly again once I have finished my 240g tub.


Description On Lush:
When it's nice weather for ducks outside, head straight for the shower with this lemon jelly. Inside, a citrus explosion of fresh organic lemon infusion, lemon oil and organic lemon myrtle will blow the blues away. Why not take your jelly straight out of the fridge or freezer and into the bath or shower with you? The rush of cold on your skin will send blood pumping to the surface, increasing circulation and delivering a super-refreshed feeling.


Ingredients:
Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion, Glycerine, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Lemon Oil, Rosewood Oil, Organic Lemon Myrtle Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Yoshi Yellow Lustre, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Price:
£4.25/100g
£8.50/240g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:







xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment