Friday 29 April 2016

Calacas Shower Gel




This is possibly one of my favourite shower gels that I have bought from the Lush Kitchen or maybe Lush in general - I'm not sure yet, there are still a few that I have yet to try. The colour, the smell, this shower gel overall is fantastic.

You can't see this in the picture above but upon un-screwing the lid of the shower gel, you look at Calacas and it's a shiny mix of colours. You get the main colour - which is yellow - but there's also a sheen on green in there that reflects off lights and then you see streaks of orange bouncing around the bottle. It's almost like magic.

Calacas possesses a potent citrus smell that will blow your socks off as soon as you squirt some out of the bottle onto your hand/loofa/sponge/scrunchie. I always use a scrunchie for shower gels as I find that if I squirt shower gel onto my hand, I have to use a lot more of the product to cover the entirety of my body. Whereas when I squirt shower gels onto my scrunchie, I don't have to use as much and my body gets exfoliated at the same time.


If you don't like strong smelling products, then this definitely isn't for you. If you don't like citrus scents, then this isn't for you. I can't seem to get enough of the smell lately. Every Lush product that I have used over the past week has been citrus scented. Calacas smells so good that it is my go-to shower gel whenever I need a pick-me-up.

Citrus aromas have been proven to lift moods due to citrus being linked to summer and summer being linked to people being happier.

*YEAH THAT'S RIGHT UK, WHERE IS OUR SUN?! IT'S NEARLY MAY AND IT'S SNOWING!*

Sorry I'm very angry at British weather right now - which is probably why I have been using Calacas so much lately. I look outside - and it's the end of April - and it's snowing, so I hop in the shower, use Calacas and the bright yellowy/orange liquid alongside the strong lime oil and neroli oil never fails to cheer me up.

The consistency of this shower gel isn't as good as others - for example: Dirty Springwash or The Olive Branch - but you don't mind using that little bit extra because you know it's so good that you're not going to care. It leaves your skin feeling slightly softer than before and the smell lingers on you skin for a good 15 minutes after you've stepped out of the shower.

I can't wait for this to be released in the Lush Kitchen again. I'm definitely going to be grabbing about a billion bottles so that I can stock up for the future. With the rate that I'm using Calacas, my 250g bottle will be finished in a few weeks (and I can't let that happen).


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Aloe Vera, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Lime Oil, Olibanum Oil, Neroli Oil, Lactic Acid, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 45350, Colour 42090, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Price:
£11.00/250g


Vegan:
Yes


Rating:







xoxo
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment